Best Battery for Van Life 2020
- LFP12100 Deep Cycle Battery 12V 100 Amp Hour Sealed Lead Acid Rechargeable ; Parcel: 1 x Battery (screws included, but no wire harness or mounting).
- Dimensions: 12.09 x 6.65 x 9.17 inches (Replace UB121000, Renogy 100 AMP Hour). High Performance, Deep Cycle: Long Service Life and Deep Discharge Recover.
- Used For Solar Panel Wind Off-Grid Applications, RV House Van Camping Trip, Travel Trailer, Mini Kota/Cobra/Sevylor Trolling Motor, Back-up Sump Pump, Electric Mobility Scooter Wheelchair.
- Also For Electric Vehicles, Golf Carts, Hunting, Lawn and Garden Tools, Portable Tools, Toys and Hobby, UPS System, Industrial and Medical Equipment,Emergency Lighting, Leisure, Alarm Security and more.
- With a 30 day refund policy and 1 Year Warranty. Please Contact Us if Any Problem or Consuion.
WEIZE is one of the best campervan batteries. The Weize 12V battery belongs to the Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) battery type highlighting its leak-proof nature and secure maintenance guarantee.
It can be used as a standalone battery or in combination with multiple other similar batteries. But always ensure that all the batteries involved belong to the same battery type and are from the equal company to enhance voltage capacities. Never make a series or parallel connection between two different battery types, as this might ruin the functionality completely.
Weighing around 60 pounds and having carrying accessories in the form of built-in handles/straps, one person shouldn’t move this continuously for a long distance. Bearing a 12 volts voltage capacity, it can provide 10 Amps for 10 hrs consistently while its charging current must be well below 30 Amps.
Long service life and low self-discharge rate
Leak-free and low-maintenance batteries
30-day refund policy and 1-year warranty
Multipurpose use including best battery for van camping trips and kayak trolling motor
Discharges quite easily
- Long service life: Heavy duty lead-calcium grids ensure mild corrosion and enable a long designed service life of 10 years standby use under optimal Float charge conditions and below optimal operating temperature of 25.
- Patent designed construction: Renogy batteries are equipped with PE compound separator construction, which ensures that gel electrolyte is distributed evenly through-out the inner Battery and ensures the best Evenness of all parts of the battery; internal resistance: 5m
- Triplex sealed construction: valve regulated sealed construction and Triplex strengthened sealing on terminals and posts prevent electrolyte leakage, and the air tight and liquid state of batteries in normal operation and prevent external air form entering Battery inner.
- Low Self discharge: because of the use of lead-calcium grids alloy, Renogy batteries have low self-discharge and reliable performance. In room temperature, self-discharge ratio per month of Renogy battery is about 3% of the battery capacity.
- High security: Renogy batteries are equipped with explosion-proof safety valves to prevent production of redundant gas. And the construction is designed to prevent setting fire to the internal battery in case sparkles approach.
Renogy battery requires no maintenance because of the presence of gel electrolytes. Renogy boasts of a patented design for its batteries-it uses a PE compound separator construction, which makes it possible for each of the gel electrolytes to be distributed evenly assuring maximum performance.
Gel batteries are generally leak-proof, and the Renogy battery comes with a triple-sealed construction with further strengthening on terminals and posts, which guarantees 0% electrolyte leak and air entry into the cells. These use heavy-duty lead-calcium grids that facilitate lower self-discharging capacity extending its performance and life.
The battery comes with excellent safety options-it prevents explosions using a safety valve that prohibits any redundant gas production, and its construction protects the battery from fire even if there is any spark/overheating.
Recommended for standby or frequent cyclic discharge applications that work under extreme weather conditions
Assured 12 years of floating design life
Minimal self-discharge (<2% every month) and maintenance required Sealed construction design ensures leak-proof functioning It offers the utmost advantage to your solar system with maximum storage possibility delivering 1000 cycles at 50% DOD. Ideal for using in electric vehicles, engine starters, golf carts, medical mobility vehicles/wheelchairs, access control devices and more Cons Sensitive to temperature changes Complaints of rapid voltage drop
- UPG #45978 UB121000 12V 100Ah
- Dimensions: 12.17 inches x 6.61 inches x 9.16 inches. Weight: 63.93 Lbs
- SLA/AGM maintenance free, spill proof battery
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration
- 1 Year Warranty
This deep cycle VRLA battery comes from the house of Universal, a brand that strictly adheres to quality and performance. The specifications and design make it an ideal choice for any trolling motor vehicle, like golf cart batteries and a right choice for solar panels. Sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries are maintenance- and leak-free, and AGM is a type of SLA and hence the name AGM SLA deep cycle battery.
You would like to place it vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. Please go ahead as the battery has the advantage of being mounted in any position securely. Like any other AGM battery, the Universal Deep Cycle battery is leak-proof with rectangular-shaped plates just like other lead-acid batteries but made with minimal sulfuric acid and weighs around 64 pounds.
Can be mounted in any position
Maximized protection against vibrations and impacts, a central feature required to protect RV batteries longevity
A heavy-duty battery that is durable and requires almost no maintenance
Doesn’t guarantee supreme performance with time
- 12-Volt, 750 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 10 inches x 6 7/8 inches x 7 13/16 inches tall, Weight: 43.5 pounds, Dual SAE & 5/16 inches Stainless Steel Stud Posts. 55 Ah C20 capacity
- Optimal starting power even in bad weather
- Mountable in virtually any position. Works well as a boat battery or RV battery
- Fifteen times more resistant to vibration for durability
- Reserve capacity of 120 minutes for constant performance
Optima Batteries is one of the superb batteries for your boat with trolling motors and also for RVs with all facilities that finally drain batteries quickly. This is a high-quality battery in every sense-at 750 cold-cranking amps and 43 lbs this is a mid-weight battery that could be mounted in any position. It has a reserve capacity of 120 minutes, which is one of the highlights of the Optima batteries and offers 15 times more resistance to vibration and shakes comparatively. OPTIMA is well-known for its manufacturing of spiral winding continuous lead plates for maximized performance and gives maximum shelf life.
The battery can be started in any kind of weather, making it suitable for marine travel, RVs with extra loads, and more.
Unmatched resistance to vibration-almost 15 times more compared to other batteries in this segment
It is a starting as well as a deep cycling battery with a reserve power capacity of 120 minutes
The AGM battery is easy to maintain and has a 2-year warranty period
The unique spiral cell technology gives the battery as high as a three-time recharge capacity
A versatile battery that could be used for fully-loaded RVs and marine boats
Rapid drain out of reserve capacity when too much power is drained out
Constant complaints of poor quality and quickly wear out
- Dimensions: L=7.7" W=5" H=6.1"
- Also avilable as a battery kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HOUCLWE
- Heavy Duty Grids: VMAX heavy duty lead tin alloys provide an extra margin of performance and service life in either float or cyclic applications, even after repeated over discharges.
- Maintenance Free Operation: There is no need to check specific gravity of the electrolyte or add water to VMAX tanks during float service life. In fact, there is no provision for this type of maintenance.
- RECOMMENDED CHARGER: VMAX BC1204 12V 3.3Amp
VMAX batteries boast of a superior physical and chemical plate structure, and the AGM in between the VMAX plates makes it even more sought-after than other wet lead-acid batteries. This makes it a versatile battery due to its leak-free and hazard-free property. The battery promises long shelf life with its heavy-duty lead-tin alloys. This is an ideal choice for boats and specific trolling motors.
Zero maintenance. Get relief from checking water levels or adding water frequently with the help of tight tank seals
Longer shelf life and recovery capacity even after ‘n’ number of discharges
Leak-free and hazard-free battery
The charge gets drained rapidly even after fully charging it
Best Batteries for Van Buying Guide
Owning a two-wheeler has become mandatory these days for effortless traveling, but owning a car stills seems to be an achievement for some. In such a scenario, if you are the proud owner of a recreational vehicle (RV), applauds to you! You have achieved something big in life as such vehicles can only remain a dream for many.
Beyond owning one, it is vital to protect your luxury travel vehicle to last long, and for this, the battery of your RV is critical. Many feel that the job ends with purchasing a right RV, but if you fail to take good care of your RV battery, it might fail within a year or so. On the other hand, with the utmost care, you increase the longevity of your battery multifold times.
Working Principle of an RV Battery
Being a lead-acid battery, these contain lead plates and lead oxide immersed in an electrolyte substance. The size of the plates and the quantity of electrolyte determine the charge capacity of the battery. Every RV battery depends on a house battery and a starting battery for engine functioning. House batteries provide energy for the RV for a more extended period, and this is put onto a process called deep cycling, which discharges 100% of the battery before recharging it again.
Such deep cycling RV batteries have longer shelf life-they sustain almost four times more than normal ones. These deep cycling batteries could be valve-regulated lead-acid (VRLA) batteries or flooded lead-acid batteries (usually used as it is easy to maintain and service). Starting batteries (or chassis batteries) simply function for providing large currents in short periods once a while. This is different from the ones used in cars and does require better Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) rating.
Anything running in your RV relies on a 12-volt direct current (DC) battery for any of its functioning. Else you can also plug onto a 120-volt alternating power (AC) and charge your battery using a power converter.
How to Choose the Optimal Battery for Your Van?
Generally, we call the RV battery as batteries rather than a battery because many-a-time they contain multiple batteries instead of one. But this again depends on the type of RV and the functionalities performed by the batteries. Motorhomes have one chassis battery and one 12v deep-cycle house battery, or they might also have two 6v deep-cycle house batteries. Travel trailers have only one or many deep-cycle batteries only.
Any electrical device inside the RV, a coffee maker, AC, television, or small water pumps works using the deep cycle batteries, which are of different types, each of it benefiting in one way or the other. Flooded lead-acid, deep cycle gel, lithium-ion, and absorbed glass mat are some of the essential types here.
Flooded Lead-Acid: These are the most conventional and frequently used batteries due to their multiple benefits. None can handle overcharging better than these batteries mainly because it’s not sealed and secondly because of its hydrogen venting mechanism. Choosing a conventional flooded electrolyte battery guarantees longer life despite a tedious maintenance routine involved. This includes checking water levels regularly and refilling clean water when needed. As the battery is used for a more extended period, there is a need to refill it with more water. Above all, these are affordable.
Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM): A type of deep cycle battery is compatible with almost all electrical requirements supporting not only RVs but also with boats, trucks, and other vehicles. AGM offers multiple advantages in the form of less maintenance, slower self-discharging property, do not spill, the stable, capability to handle high temperatures, and contrary to lead-acid batteries, require minimal maintenance.
These stay in good condition for a prolonged time when maintained well and quickly start working after being dormant too after recharging them. Above all, they are leak-free and next to impossible to freeze.
Gel Batteries: With similar charging rates just like standard lead-acid batteries, they differ in that gel batteries are costlier. On the other hand, they have a better lifespan at minimal maintenance. Just like AGM, they are leak-proof, making it a versatile choice for marine vehicles.
But charging them is a tiring job. For one, they have narrow charging points, which make their charging time consuming as well. Besides charging very slowly, it happens at a lower voltage, and anything that goes wrong in this process can damage the battery forever.
Advantages of an RV Battery
The lithium-ion deep cycle RV batteries offer multiple benefits to the user. They are one of the safest batteries to use due to its auto shut down property, which happens when the battery is almost nearing overheating, preventing any explosions. Any RV is massive and weighs more, which makes a lightweight battery such as this useful to enhance capacity and maximize performance. Above all, they guarantee longer run time, which helps you keep many of your electrical devices up and running while your RV is busy moving in and out of crazy roads.
Electricity is much in demand, and the RV batteries are at an advantage as they can be charged with the help of solar panels that deliver uncompromised outputs. RV batteries can also be charged using a converted charger or a generator, suiting your ease of accessibility. When we get out and get going on the road for recreational purposes, we would like uninterrupted movement and enjoyment, which is quite possible only with a good-quality RV battery.
A high-performing RV battery is a lifesaver guaranteeing superb performance and constant flow without any disturbance.
Every RV battery has a different lifespan, but these generally stay in good shape for even up to five years or so with proper maintenance. An RV battery’s life mainly depends on its electrolyte levels-it should be neither too little or too much but just right. If maintenance is not your forte, go for zero or low maintenance batteries. If you need the battery up and working in marine conditions or extreme weather, choose one that’s strong against vibrations and has power backup options.
You might strongly believe in your original equipment (OE) batteries to last long, which is right in case of moderately-loaded RVs, but if you love a fully-loaded RV, then it is better to change your RV battery to a model that supports the substantial load. The most important part about choosing an RV battery is to decide upon the correct voltage that would suit your needs.