Best Shower for Van Life 2020
- COMPATIBILITY: The Drive 4G-X OTR Signal Booster is compatible with all US carriers including: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Straight Talk, U.S. Cellular and many more. *Government regulations in the U.S. prohibit boosting a particular frequency used by some of the Sprint network. Most Sprint customers still see performance improvement from weBoost signal boosters
- SIGNAL BOOSTER: The weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR (470210) Cell Phone Signal Booster boosts your 4G LTE and 3G signal up to 32X for fewer dropped calls, higher audio quality, and faster uploads and downloads.
- VERSATILITY: The weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR Cell Phone Signal Booster supports multiple devices so that everyone can experience enhanced 4G LTE and 3G signals.
- FRUSTRATION FREE SETUP: The weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR Cell Phone Signal Booster includes our top-performing 4G Trucker Cellular Antenna complete with 3-way mount, spring, variable length mast and coax, plus a variety of mounting options for your truck. Power Requirement : 6V/2A. Connectors : SMA Female
- BATTERY LIFE: Enjoy up to 2 hours of additional talk time with the weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR Cell Phone Signal Booster. This cell phone signal booster consumes only a small percentage of your devices battery, prolonging battery life.
Having a handheld shower is convenient when you are living in a van, and if you are looking to invest in a durable and robust shower, then Oxygenics White Standard is one of the most excellent showerheads in the market.
Oxygenics White Standard has a movable head, so you can adjust it in the direction you need. The head of the shower increases the pressure of the water, and therefore covers a broader range. This feature enables one to use water efficiently, as preserving water for a Recreational van is an utmost priority. In a way, it also conserves the environment.
A unique feature of the product is that it increases the content of oxygen in the water. It operates with a single button and can be switched to spray and drizzle. The technology used in oxygenics handheld sprayer reduces mineral clogging. The valve regulates the temperature of the water so that you don’t experience any brief moment drenched in extremely cold or scalding water. Oxygenics handheld sprayer is convenient to use. The built is strong yet lightweight and durable. All the accessories for installing the shower is included in the kit.
Easy to control the flow of water
Functions with a single button
Made with durable parts
Value for money
Easy to install
Adhesive sticker to hang the shower may work
A bit stiff
Water pressure is not high
- FEATURES | Durable and lightweight, this handheld shower head and hose set is perfect for replacing your current standard sized model so you can shower confidently and comfortably.
- DESIGN | The shower head has been designed with an easy grip wand base and a water saving trickle valve switch (not an on-and-off switch). The matching flexible synthetic hose gives the set a modern look.
- QUALITY | This set is constructed from premium grade lightweight synthetic resins and is corrosion- and fade-resistant. Not only is it nice looking, it is fully functional too.
- INSTALLATION | No plumber is needed for installation meaning you can do it yourself with basic tools. Shower mount, hose ring, and all mounting hardware is included.
- SPECIFICATIONS | Hose length is 60-inches. Flow Rate is 2.5 gpm @ 60 psi, 8.3 L/min @ 414 kPa. Lead-free, UPC and CUPC Certified. Dura Faucet is an American company with USA-based Customer Service.
Dura Faucet manufactures high-quality Rv faucets. The product has a robust and sturdy build that extends its durability. Dura Faucet is one of the most reliable brands and is compatible with campers as well.
The product has a 60-inch extendable synthetic hose. It is flexible and handy when you have kids or elderly. The handle has a grip that allows the user to hold it comfortably. The on and off switch controls the valve. Because of its trickle, switch the water entirely from flowing when not in use; this helps to save plenty of water. The showerhead generates an ample amount of water pressure. The intense pressure the water covers a larger surface area.
Moreover, the kit comes with mounting brackets and hardware. Anyone can easily install dura’s shower head and hose. The Dura faucet shower head and the hose has a sturdy build and is non-corrosive. Therefore, the color of the product will not fade.
Easy to install
Includes mounting hardware
Water leaks even when the push button switch is turned off
- On/Off switch allows to pause water flow while shampooing, reducing amont of water used
- Shower head measures 4" in diameter with a total length of 9"
- Choice of five spray patterns from a drenching rain to a gentle massage
- Rubber spray tips allow easy cleaning
- Easy installation makes it perfect for RV's or boats
Camco’s showerhead and the hose has an on/ off switch with valves that do not let allow trickle. The valve completely shuts off the flow of water. This saves a lot of water when living in a recreational vehicle. Camco’s shower head and hose are convenient for any kind of bath.
The sliding button on the handle regulates the valve. It controls the pressure of the water. Shower heads with intense pressure head conserve 50% of water.
The diameter of the showerhead is 4″ and 9″ in length. The product has five different spray settings for the convenience of the user, from gentle to stimulating. The shower spray tips are made up of rubber; therefore, it is easy to clean it. The washers of the product come with the kit.
On/off switch on the showerhead
Intense pressure head
Five spray patterns
Rubber tips for easy cleaning
Easy to install
Perfect for vans and boats
Value for money
Many complained about water leakage around the circumference of the head
Requires a lot of pressure to function well
Once turned off the showerhead may supply cold water for a few seconds
Dura Faucets is one of the well-known brands in this industry. Dura faucets have a terrific design and do not compromise with quality either. Recreational vans and motorhome owners highly prefer them.
Dura Faucet DF-SA170-WT is one of their best handheld showers. The product includes all the hardware required for its installation. A plumber will not be required to install the shower. The showerhead generates excellent pressure for you to have a great experience. The valve switch makes it convenient to turn off the shower when lathering or shampooing.
The valve stops any trickle allowing you to save a lot of water. The showerhead is made up of stainless steel and resists corrosion.
One of the best features of Dura Faucet DF-SA170-WT showerhead is its compatibility with any standard hose. The product has a chic look and offers a wide range of designs. It has a sturdy construction that guarantees its durability. Keeping in view the safety of family, the product is lead-free.
Value for money
Intense pressure head
May leak around the showerhead
A weaker valve
No on/off switch,
Water pressure may differ
- High pressure handheld shower heads for RV Motorhomes
- Instantly increase showering water pressure by water conservation working principle
- Powerful spray shooting with PAUSE setting
- High strength water pause impact to relax RV Showering experience
- Multi-functions for alternative option, Flexible hose, adjustable bracket, include in package
The PIH RV Handheld High-Pressure shower head is another great product for your Rv. The PIH showers guarantee and deliver intense water pressure. The product has an on/off valve that shuts off trickle entirely, which allows the Rv users to conserve water. The flow of water is excellent and has extensive coverage.
To give you a great experience, the PIH RV Handheld High-Pressure shower head has multiple settings of strong shooting, light massage, and pause. The showerhead instantly increases the pressure, and there is a regular flow of water. The kit comes with a showerhead, one shower bracket, a clamp for the wall hose, and an adjustable wall mount.
You will be able to fix PIH RV Handheld high-pressure shower with almost all the regular fittings. One of the best features of this product is that it works on 2xp turbocharging, which allows you to preserve water. The product is lightweight, making it easy to adjust it at any angle.
Easy to install
High-pressure handheld shower
Switch for Pause
Value for money
Kit includes showerhead, one shower bracket, a clamp for the wall hose, and an adjustable wall mount
Pause setting is not durable
The hose is comparatively shorter than another hose
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Shower For Your Van
The price range varies significantly. But you don’t have to spend money on something that does not meet your requirements. Many durable and sturdy shower heads are available at an affordable price. The products now not only have an elegant construction design but are also affordable.
Maintaining your hygiene while living off-grid now has become so convenient. The strength of handheld showers is one of the essential features. Always look for a product that is well built and sturdy; you don’t want to end up investing in a cheap product. Look for showerheads that are also made up of stainless steel or are non-corrosive. The longer the durability, the less you will spend on replacing its parts.
Nowadays, many Rv showers have an easy installation shower kit. The kit includes all the necessary hardware and an instruction manual. You don’t require a plumber to install the shower. Another factor to pay attention to while buying a shower for you is that it is compatible with your regular shower hose in use, lest you’ll have to hire a technician to install it. However, modern handheld showers save a significant amount of water.
Shut Off Valve
An on/off switch is present on the hand of handheld showers; these make the showers very convenient to use. This is a handy feature while one is lathering or shampooing, there’s no need to turn off the faucet, but only the valve. Many handheld showers have trickle valve switch.
The valve completely stops the flow of leakage. Living in an Rv requires one to conserve as much water as possible. This way, you’re not saving water for yourself but also preserving the environment.
The preferences vary from person-to-person. Not every shower supplies the water with the same pressure. Enquire about the water pressure of the shower. Some showers may not function well when the pressure of water is low. To maintain water pressure between 40-60 psi, most manufacturers will recommend you install a water pressure regulator.
The quality and performance of each shower vary significantly. It is always advised to buy showerheads that supply water with moderate to high pressure. There are several products now that have broader coverage too. This helps to use water efficiently.
The modern handheld showerheads now allow you to adjust the flow of the water. There are many features in a handheld shower these days. Some even have up to 5 different spray settings, ranging from gentle to pulsating massage. Select a shower that assures a maximum of 2.0 gallons per minute.
This is another important feature you want to consider before buying a shower for your van. Over time limescale and hard water usually clog the shower. And you may have to replace it or invest in a new product. Therefore, a showerhead with a rubber surface does not allow it to clog. Moreover, it is easy to clean it, which can extend its durability.
As the showers, get old, they often get clogged and stop supplying an adequate amount of water. One way of unclogging it is to scrub the holes of the showerhead. The Rv showers and faucets manufacturers always recommend their customers to know the quality of water that they are using.
Invest in a shower that guarantees high-quality performance and works efficiently. There are multiple qualities of products with sophisticated designs that are yet simple to use. The shower kit now includes all the necessary hardware for its installation. It requires minimum efforts to fix the shower and can be done by a beginner too.
In many models, now you can simply have to fix the showers to a standard hose. It is also recommended to check the grip of the product you desire to buy to avoid any accidents. Choose a product that makes it easy for you to control the water. Many showerheads offer 1.5 – 2.0 gallon per minute
Can I conserve water with the Rv shower?
Yes. The modern showerheads have a high-pressure technique as per the requirements of the customers. Moreover, the valves make it convenient for the user to turn off the shower while lathering or shampooing. The trickle system completely prevents the flow of water from the shower, allowing you to save water and sustain the environment.
Can I use a regular showerhead in RV?
Most showers are compatible with almost every standard shower hose. A showerhead, preferably with a low flow, will work. To save water, you can purchase a flow stopper. Since you have limited water, one should always use a recreational van’s handheld shower to save the consumption of water, as they have a trickle valve.
What are better-handled showers or regular showerheads?
It depends on your preference. Regular showers consume a considerable amount of water and require space too. Whereas, the handheld showers have a flexible hose and are convenient to use. They don’t occupy a lot of room and saves water.
Do Rv showers head leak?
Modern showerheads don’t usually leak. If the unit you just purchased is leaking, it is suggested that you immediately get a new set under warranty. But if you used it for a while, it could have worn out, and in this case, you replace it with a new shower head to save a significant amount of water.