Best Water Heater for Van Life 2020
- CSA approved portable tankless water heater for US &Canada markets. Lowest water pressure start up just need 3.0 PSI! Also works great with Camplux 12V 1.2GPM water pump.
- The maximum temperature raise is 114.8(46) and the minimum temperature raise is 46.48for 1.32GPM.
- Its compact size with folding handle keeps it out of the way, allowing for a convenient set-up outdoors.
- Flame failure device, anti-freezing protection and oxygen depletion safety shut-off protection.
- 1.32 gallons per minute of hot water output, energy saving technology. You can get instant endless hot water easily wherever you are.
Camplux is a brand dedicated to making your outdoor life enjoyable. It provides products that make your outdoor life easy and smooth.
Camplux Portable Outdoor Tankless Propane Water Heater is another great offering from them. If you are having a van life or camping it is a perfect fit to provide you warm water.
On top of that this Portable Outdoor Tankless Propane Water Heater is CSA approved. It is perfect and easy to move a water heating system that would perfectly fit your van.
A user can set the minimum and maximum heat and it does the job accordingly.
Users can control the minimum and maximum temperatures.
Its compact size perfectly fits in any space.
The compact size goes suitably with any outdoor setup.
The technology of this water heater saves energy.
It is very easy to install.
Reckless use of the water heater may cause leakage.
What Makes It Worth a Try
It is our recommendation since it comes with overheat protection. You can set the time of heating through your phone.
- Ideal for under counter or crawl space installation
- 6 gallon short, 6 year warranty, electric.
- Single 120 volt 1650 watt copper heating element.
- Side mounted cold water inlet and hot water outlet for easy installation.
- Factory installed Temperature and Pressure, T&P relief valve
If you are looking for a small-sized water heater then this water heater from Reliance would be a great choice. It can be installed pretty easily by the user.
Cold water inflow and hot water outflow mechanisms are on the side of this heater. There is also a pressure relief valve. This valve ensures temperature and pressure protection.
All these unique features make this water heater a great choice for your van. There are so many good reviews about this product on Amazon from the customers.
On the other hand, there are some criticisms about this product as well. Not having a front panel for temperature control is a red flag for some customers. They have pointed it out. The pressure relief valve can be faulty sometimes.
Considering all the good reviews the number of negative reviews is quite low. It takes a very reasonable amount of time for heating the water.
It has a very easy installation.
It comes with six years warranty.
This heater gets power through electricity.
Relief valve for water pressure.
The pressure relief valve may sometimes not work accordingly.
What Makes It Worth a Try
If you are a traveler in need of very limited water then this water heater can be an ideal and affordable pick for you.
- Being Designed and developed in Summerville SC USA, The Eccotemp L5 is the only legal CSA Certified portable tankless water heater on the market that can legally be sold in the US and Canada!
- Lightweight, easy to carry, and compact, makes using it for camping, hunting, in your Tiny Home, RVs, Poolside, Washing Pets, Equestrian, Cleaning Vehicles, Greenhouses or anywhere else that you need instant reliable endless hot water perfect for hot water anywhere you need it.
- Runs on a standard 20 lb. liquid propane tank and is equipped with an electronic ignition. Powered by 2 D cell batteries, making it ideal for on-the-go. Make the L5 even more convenient and pair it with the EccoFlo 12v water pump, allowing you to have hot water in the most remote locations!
- Real, appointment based dedicated support available M-F, 8am-8pm EST. Eccotemp also offers live chat and 24/7 self help desk to keep you in HOT WATER. With educated technical support, manuals, troubleshooting all available at your fingertip youll have peace of mind when purchasing an Eccotemp product.
- Rated at 1.5 GPM the L5 can produce hot water with water pressure as low as 20PSI and achieve temperatures ranging from 50-140 degrees F. Simply adjust the water and gas flow to achieve your desired temperature.
Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater can provide the warm water you need while having a van life. It can provide 1.4 gallons of hot water in a minute!
This water heater is designed and developed in Summerville SC USA. Again this is legally CSA certified portable water heater that perfectly fits your van. So it is sold legally in the USA and Canada market.
This water heater is so much lightweight and easy to carry. It comes with a compact size. Installing it inside your van is not very difficult to do.
You can choose the power source of this water heater according to your convenience. The dedicated support team is there through live chat and 24/7 self-help desk. Moreover, there comes a manual with it to guide you about using it.
With manual and expert technical support it is highly unlikely that you will face any complication.
You have the control of adjusting water and gas flow to get your desired temperature.
This heater is CSA certified.
It is lightweight so convenient to use in a van or any camping trip.
There is a dedicated support team to help.
The manual is helpful enough to guide a new user.
You can adjust the water and gas pressure according to your convenience.
Failing to set it in the right manner may cause disturbance while using it.
What Makes It Worth a Try
This water heater weighs only 13 lbs and uses liquid propane fuel to heat the water. For your van, it could be a great pick.
- Lifetime warranty
- Save up to 60-percent on your water heating cost with an ECOSMART electric tankless water heater
- Never run out of hot water with an ECOSMART tankless water heater
- Patented Self Modulating Technology and design
- ECOSMART tankless water heaters are 99.8-percent energy efficient.Uniform Energy Factor:0.98
When you are on the road living in a van looking for your next adventure, you can consider this water heater. This water heater can help you to have the needed hot water.
You can think about adding a garden hose and a propane tank then you can be sure that you will be able to enjoy the hot water no matter where you are.
This Eccotemp water heater can reach the temperature between 50 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use 2 “D” cell batteries to power up the heater in case there is no electricity available.
The installation process is much easier for a user. The temperature control mechanism is also easy and it is lightweight. So considering all the features of this water heater, it perfectly fits your need while being in a van.
The manual of this water heater comes in a nicely printed paperback book. Also, it is written in several languages to make the installation easier.
It has 9′ CSA approved gas regulator.
This water heater has twenty minutes of automatic safety shutoff timer.
It comes with an easy installation feature.
It offers frustration-free packaging.
It has a Safety Tilt-Switch of 45 degrees.
Easy temperature control.
It has a compact size, so easy to carry.
There might be some leakage issues in case of improper installation.
What Makes It Worth a Try
It heats the water super fast, thus saves time of the user. It comes with great packaging and has a compact size. All these make it a perfect fit for a van.
- CONVENIENT HOT WATER HEATER: 4 gallon point-of-use mini-tank fits under your sink to provide hot water right where you need it. Thermal efficiency is 98%. Dimensions : 13.75 W x 13.75 H x 13.5 D Inches
- LONG LASTING QUALITY: This electric water heater is easy to maintain and has premium glass-lined material for a long service life. (Amps 12A, Volts (VAC) 120)
- INDEPENDENT INSTALLATION: 36-37" cord plugs into a 120 volt outlet for independent installation or in-line with a large hot water source
- FAST RECOVERY RATE: Eliminates long waits for hot water at your sink, get on demand hot water at your every need (supplies up to 2 sinks at a time)
- EASILY MOUNTED: Can be shelf, wall or floor mounted (bracket included); simply tap into the cold water line and install the water heater directly at the sink to provide hot water
You can consider having this mini-tank water heater for your van easily. The water gets heated within very less time.
This Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater is available in three compact sizes. You have the option to wall-hung it or keep it floor mounted.
It can easily fit your van, kitchen sink, cabinet space, and many other places. It has a very sleek and nice design that doesn’t make it look overwhelming for a small place. It matches with the interior decoration of your house because of the size.
The installation process is also very easy. You just have to tap into the water line, and then you can install the water heater to the predetermined space.
So, even when you are not living in your van, you can set it up in the place of your house where you need a hot water supply.
It provides 4 gallons of water that fit anywhere and very much versatile.
Easy to maintain an electric water heater.
This water heater has premium glass-lined material. It ensures a long service life for this heater.
You get on-demand hot water within a very little time. There is no need for a long wait.
You can hang the water heater to shelf, wall or keep it floor mounted. For the size, it takes very little space.
Leakage may cause for unsystematic use.
What Makes It Worth a Try
It takes very little space and it can be kept easily in any suitable place. All these easy-going features make it a perfect choice. That is why it is one of our top picks.
If you have a van life to satisfy your wandering soul, then you must be worried about getting a warm water supply for your van. Especially at the time of visiting a cold area. So having the best water heater for van available in the market is the only way out.
You can not enjoy a permanent or temporary nomadic life without having an arrangement of hot water supply. How would you take a bath or do the laundry in a cold environment without having a water heater in your van?
Are you worried? Then you should relax!
Well, that is why you need a well functioning water heater for your van while going to your next adventure.
Best Water Heater Buying Guide
If you are thinking about buying a water heater for your van, you should not buy anything randomly. Buying out of whim can make you suffer later. So, trying to be logical in the beginning is the best option for you.
How to know which one is appropriate for you?
Well, here is our buying guide for you to make the ultimate choice a bit easier. There are some features that you have to notice while buying a water heater for your van.
An ideal heater for the van will be lightweight. It will be very easy to carry in any place. Storing it in the back of the van should be easy.
The installation process should be without any complexity. It should not take so much time to install it. A user manual attached is always of great help for the users.
Before making the buying decision, you have to know the amount of water you require. Based on that choose a size that would perfectly fit that amount of water.
The temperature will be much lower for an ideal water heater for the van. The temperature is supposed to be much lower than home use.
You have to consider the water flow rate of the water heater that you are going to buy.
A vital aspect to consider while buying a water heater for a van. You have to keep in mind that you may need to spend a good amount of money.
It would cost even more when you are planning to live in your van for months. The average price for such a water heater would be $500-$1000 (approx.).
You will have to live in a little space while living in a van. So the water should not take much space which might make the space even more congested.
Source of Power
Thinking about the power source is also important while living on the go. Mostly, you have three options. Those are electric, battery, and propane-operated heaters.
You have to crucially calculate which one perfectly serves your purpose. For portability, battery and propane-operated heaters are the best.
Make sure your heater is immune to changes in the environment. Other unprecedented calamities might also threaten the protection of the heater. So make sure it survives in tough situations.
6 Best Water Heater for Van Reviews
Considering all the features that the best water heaters for van available in the market, we have picked six. You can consider one of these water heaters while buying yours.
When you are living a van life, you are most likely to expect not to have too many things to be worried about. That is why you need to choose the best water heater for van that perfectly fits with your purpose.
Try to know about the heaters available in the market and find out all the pros and cons. You can choose from our top picks as well.
Try not to be too overwhelmed with information while picking the ideal one for you. Rather just focus on the features that are must to have for your van. But the common features are a perfect size, weight, power source, water heating capacity, price, etc.
Pick a suitable water heater for your van to have hassle-free travel experience.